Thursday, April 23, 2009

steamy + ysl eyeliner moiré.

I'm trying to be a little less boring with my makeup. I'm usually pretty boring with my clothes, so I try to make up for it with charmingly gaudy accessories, loud nail polish, and the occasional colorful eye shadow. Everything in moderation, right?

Today I wore YSL's Eyeliner Moiré in the gorgeous green shade called Emerald Reflections (#9), and put a sheer layer of MAC Steamy eye shadow over it. What a beautiful combination, especially for brown eyes.




And now for my whole face:


I'm wearing NARS Laguna all over my face, with some faded MAC Virgin Isle underneath Milani Luminous blush. (All heavily influenced by the lovely Lollipop26.) On my lips I've got Revlon Colorstay in Smooth Nude (which I love). And I put Maybelline Shadow/Liner in Snow Bunny on my inner corner. It's actually my favorite thing for that purpose.

On a similar note, I decided today that I really needed to do something different with my hair for once, and this sentiment led to an attack of bobby pins to the back of my head. It actually turned out pretty well, I must say.


What I did was clip up the majority of my hair with one large barrette, and then tack up the remaining bits and pieces that were falling out with pins. A bit trendy, maybe, but I think it's romantic and sort of undone so it looks like you're not trying too hard. All good things. Also, I have to share my necklace because it's so adorable:


It's so cute!!! I never tire of playing with this thing when I wear it. I love elephants. Sadly I got this at a J.Crew outlet. I hate to say that when people ask, because they're always expecting something so obscure or unique. I wish I had a better story behind it. Sorry, no, I did not get this from a vendor in Morocco when I was riding on camels in the desert. (I haven't done that, for the record.)

Well that's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Woah, I totally like what you did with your hair!

    ReplyDelete