Friday, January 22, 2010

Neon Pink lips! according to The Body Shop.

Today I reluctantly left sunny/humid Florida and headed home to cold/dreary upstate New York.  My Mom and I had a connecting flight in Charlotte and decided to run to the Body Shop during our short layover.  I spotted this lipstick in #59- Neon Pink- and could not resist picking it up.


It reminded me at first of MAC Gladiola, which came out with the Dame Edna collection.  Gladiola is a bright blue-based matte pink, and not very moisturizing.  It definitely appears more purple-y than Neon Pink.


Neon Pink, however, really gets the job done in terms of moisturizing the lips and leaving lasting color.  Because I was a) bored on the flight and b) excited about my new lipstick, I took some pictures of myself wearing it as the sun was starting to go down.  They actually turned out pretty well, and I think demonstrate how non-garish this color really can be.  It reminds me of some of the loud colors Lady GaGa's been seen sporting as of late, but definitely toned down a bit.  When layered on a little more, this shade shows up as having a subtle lavender iridescence.  Until I'm confident enough to sport Lavender Whip (MAC), this will suffice.  For only $12.50, you really can't go wrong.

The first picture is not my best but I like how the color of my sweater offsets the color of my lips.  Not a bad pairing. (this one was obviously not taken on the plane. the two below it were.)



 
What colors have you discovered recently that you loved more than you expected you would?